Girls Inc. Experience
Who We Serve
We serve youth ages 8 – 18 from the greater-Holyoke, Springfield, and Chicopee, MA areas, extending to Westfield, South Hadley, and beyond. We offer transformational in-school, after school, and summer programs at no cost to students and their families.
The Girls Inc. Experience, where youth can…
- benefit from a pro-girl environment with high expectations and mutual respect
- participate in carefully researched programs guided by highly trained staff to give them the life skills they need to become independent adults
- feel the support of trusted mentors who believe in them and inspire them to live up to their full potential
We couldn’t do this alone.
We partner with people and organizations that are equally dedicated to seeing youth succeed.
- First and foremost are the student’s parents. We work together to inspire their children to be strong, smart and bold.
- Teachers and Administrators from local schools identify students for our programs, keep us abreast of curriculum and give us the time and space to run programs in their schools.
- Students, staff, and faculty from area colleges and universities volunteer as tutors and mentors. UMass Amherst and Bay Path University offer access to their campus as part of our Eureka! summer program.
- Professional women from our community serve as mentors. These executives, entrepreneurs, and innovators help Girls Inc. participants see new possibilities for a future once unimagined.