Program Facilitator – Elementary School Program
$16/hr (+ $0.48/hr for employees bilingual in Spanish)
2 Part-time or 1 Full-time
Girls Inc. of the Valley delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls* to be strong, smart, and bold. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Girls Inc. of the Valley is an independent affiliate of the national Girls Inc. organization, the nation’s leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
*See our trans inclusion statement on our website here: www.girlsincvalley.org
Elementary School Program Facilitators will be responsible for program development and delivery to girls ages 5-12. Topics include: literacy, science, technology, engineering and math (STEAM); academic success, economic literacy and health and wellness. Facilitators assist with program scheduling; collaboration with community organizations; providing communication to families. This position will deliver programs in schools, at our program site, and virtually. Programs take place primarily during the school day and after-school hours. Some weekends and evenings may be required with advance notice. This position may be subject to transfer to other program departments as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Passion for Girls Inc. mission
- Creative, energetic presence and sharp problem-solving skills
- An awareness of and commitment to social justice education, gender equity, reproductive justice, trans justice, and anti-racism
- 2 years of experience working in a summer program, out-of-school environment, school system, or related field
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Zoom
- Sense of humor and ability to roll with the ever-changing nature of working with youth
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. Position requires ability to drive a 15-passenger van
- First Aid/CPR certification, or a willingness to attend training
- Must be able to pass a CORI & background check
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to Sandra Loya at email@example.com
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until position(s) have been filled.
Girls Inc. of the Valley is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Girls Inc. promotes, celebrates, and supports diversity and it is core to our mission. Individuals are considered without regard to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.