Girls Inc. is looking for women mentors to join our team for the 2018/2019 Project BOLD Futures Mentoring Program. You’ll meet weekly with small groups of 4-5 girls to build positive relationships, have fun, and inspire our girls to be STRONG, SMART, and BOLD.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Local college students
• Women living and working in the community
• ¿Hablas Español?! ¿Eres Puertorriqueño? O, ¿tiene herencia Puertorriqueña? ¡Te Necesitamos! We need YOU!
Girls Inc. has expanded its mentoring program to TWO sites for the 2018/2019 year!
WEDNESDAYS in SPRINGFIELD:
• SPRINGFIELD: Chestnut Academy, Plainfield Street
• 4:30 PM – 6:45 PM
THURSDAYS in HOLYOKE:
• HOLYOKE: Girls Inc. Teen Center, 6 Open Square Way
• 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
SNAPSHOT OF THE PROJECT BOLD FUTURES 2018-2019 PROGRAMS:
• Training begins in early November 2018 and mentoring begins mid-November 2018 and ends in June 2019
• Mentors and girls meet weekly in Springfield on Wednesday evenings from 4:30 – 6:45 or in Holyoke on Thursday evenings from 4:00 – 6:00
• 3-5 field trips throughout the year
• All weekly mentoring sessions take place at either Chestnut Accelerated Middle School (Springfield) or Girls Inc. Teen Center (Holyoke)
• Mentoring takes place in small groups (1 or 2 mentors per 4 or 5 girls)
• Girls are in grades 6, 7, and 8 in Springfield and 4, 5, and 6 in Holyoke.
In order to participate Mentors must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be able to participate for the ENTIRE program (November 2018 – June 15, 2019)
• Have availability on Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:45 PM (Springfield) or Thursdays from 4:00 – 6:00 PM (Holyoke)
• Be able to attend approximate 3-5 Saturday field trips/activities between the hours of 9a-4pm
• Attend a 2.5 hour training in early to mid-November
Click this link to change lives: https://goo.gl/forms/kqU8kS0PsKlUBkob2
Know someone who would be great? Please invite them to apply!
We will call you back to schedule a short phone or in person interview when we have processed your application.
Questions? Contact Erin Placey: firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.887.9518.