Girls Bill of Rights
We are committed to working with girls to ensure that their rights are recognized and supported. In 1992, Girls Inc. codified the Girls Bill of Rights:
- Girls have the right to be themselves and to resist gender stereotypes.
- Girls have the right to express themselves with originality and enthusiasm.
- Girls have the right to take risks, to strive freely, and to take pride in success.
- Girls have the right to accept and appreciate their bodies.
- Girls have the right to have confidence in themselves and to be safe in the world.
- Girls have the right to prepare for interesting work and economic independence.
Girls Inc. believes these rights to be inalienable. Our research, advocacy, and curriculum inspire girls to believe in themselves and their rights as girls and women.